Our office is closed on Jan 1st for the New Year's holiday.

Insurance for however you use your RV

Our RV policies will cover you and your vehicle for recreational use—out on the road, at a campsite/park, or vacationing. And if you live in your motorhome or travel trailer, our full-time RV insurance package includes coverages similar to what you’d find on a homeowners policy, like personal liability and loss assessment.

Total loss replacement

We’ll replace your totaled travel trailer or motorhome with a brand new one, minus your deductible. For example, the RV you purchased two years ago may have depreciated in value. However, some carriers even guarantee the same model year or later which means we will replace your RV even if it costs more than the original vehicle’s purchase price.

Replacement cost/personal effects

Protect personal property inside your motorhome or travel trailer up to the limits you specify.

Emergency expense

Some of our carriers may pay you up to $750 (you can upgrade to $2,000) for meals, transportation and lodging expenses if you’re on vacation and your RV is disabled more than 50 miles away from your residence.

Standard RV Coverages

Comprehensive and Collision

Comprehensive covers your RV for events beyond your control: theft, vandalism, fire, glass breakage, weather-related incidents, and collisions with animals. Collision will repair or replace your RV if damaged in an accident with an object or another vehicle, regardless of fault. A deductible applies for both comprehensive and collision.

Example: Your travel trailer is damaged by hail while parked at a campsite. Comprehensive pays for the repairs, minus your deductible.


Pays for damages and/or injuries you cause. Liability coverage is required by law if you drive your motorhome. However, when insuring a travel trailer, you won’t have the option to select liability coverage because your trailer is pulled by a motor vehicle. Just make sure you have liability coverage on the vehicle that tows your travel trailer.

Example: You cause an accident while driving your motorhome, damaging another vehicle and injuring the driver. RV liability insurance pays for the driver’s medical bills and vehicle repairs, up to your policy’s limits.

Uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM)

If you’re hit by a motorist with no insurance or not enough insurance, UM/UIM can pay for your injuries, damages to your RV, and lost wages if you can’t work.

Example: You’re rear-ended by a driver with no insurance. Your motorhome is damaged and one of your passengers is injured. UM/UIM covers, up to your policy’s limits, the repairs to your RV and your passenger’s medical bills.

Medical payments

Covers medical bills for you and your passengers if you’re in an accident with your motorhome, regardless of fault. Note that medical payments don’t apply to travel trailer policies.

Example: Your spouse is injured in a fender bender while traveling in your motorhome. Medical payments will pay for your spouse’s hospital bills, even if the accident was your fault.

Extra RV Coverages

Roadside assistance

We’ll tow you to the nearest repair facility if your motorhome or travel trailer is disabled within 100 feet of a road or highway. Our roadside assistance covers fuel delivery, mechanical breakdowns, flat tires, and dead battery replacement.

Total loss replacement

If your motorhome or travel trailer is totaled in an accident, we’ll pay for a brand new one. That means if you paid $55,000 for your RV last year and it’s only worth $45,000 today, we’ll replace it with a new RV of the same model year or later and the same trim level or better—even if it costs more than what you originally paid. If you decide not to replace the vehicle, we’ll reimburse you for the original purchase price. Keep in mind, if your RV is more than 5 years old, some carriers cover the amount specified on your policy. A deductible applies in either scenario.

Replacement cost/personal effects

Get coverage, up to a specified amount, for personal items inside your RV, such as your smartphone or camera equipment.

Vacation liability

If someone is hurt in or around your RV while on you’re on vacation, you’ll have liability coverage up to $10,000. For a minimal cost increase, you can upgrade to $500,000 in coverage.

Full timer’s liability

You’re covered up to a specified limit if you’re liable for injuries in and around your RV. Full timer’s liability is meant for those who use their RV as a permanent residence.

Loss assessment

Some carriers cover any fees or charges from your RV association, up to $5,000. For instance, your RV association may mandate that members help pay for damages to shared areas caused by a storm.

Emergency expense coverage

We’ll give you up to $750 for transportation and hotel costs plus meals if you’re on vacation and your RV is disabled more than 50 miles away from your home. For an extra cost, you can upgrade to $2,000 in coverage.

Pet injury coverage

If your dog or cat is injured in an accident while riding in your RV, some carriers pay up to $1,000 to cover their vet bills. No deductible applies.

Recreational vs. full-timer’s RV coverage

There are two major types of RV insurance policies based on how you plan to use your RV. If you aren’t living in your RV full time and using it recreationally, your policy covers you while traveling and at your vacation site. Full timer’s insurance is for you if your RV is your primary residence, and you may want to add coverages like personal liability and loss assessment. However, most RV coverages apply to both recreational and full-timer’s policies.

happy holidays

we want to hear from you